Categories

Saturday 25 July 2015

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

My Review: 3/5

Seriously, am I the only one who didn't understand a meaning of this book? or I would say meaning in Number 42? Obviously it's fictional but it was just one of those times when you feel really really uncomfortable after finishing a book.

As much as I enjoyed reading this book, I couldn't make myself to give 5/5 because I somehow had a great expectation from it. Everyone was like 'have you read that book? It explains that answer to everything in the universe and meaning of life is 42', 'It says everything is related to number 42', 'Yes, 42', 'The answer is 42'. The way everyone was talking about it, I thought there will be some philosophical thing that will eventually lead to number 42. Well, if I have to review according to those comments, I would give may be 1 but I have to give credit to this book for being extremely humorous and enjoyable.

“The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought supercomputer, who took 7 and half millions years to calculate the number.

The mystery of number 42 is cleared by an author himself-
"The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base 13, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat on my desk, stared in to the garden and thought 42 will do. I typed it out. End of story."- Douglas Adam.

Again, Yes! its a science fiction that is really easy to understand and yes, great sense of humor in the dialogues to make you stick to the book throughout but seriously guys, what is so hype about number 42?  

No comments:

Post a Comment