Categories

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings

My Review: 4/5

Let's remember this quote:  'You can make children believe whatever you want, and the children of today are the soldiers and mothers of tomorrow'. For any child, parents are the first teachers and their home is the first school. The way they are treated at home and the things they learn will affect their whole life. 

Kami had a horrible childhood. She grew up being tortured by her father and seeing her mother being tortured too. As she grew up, she lives her life literally running away from everything. Her confidence and happiness was killed by a very man who was supposed to protect her forever. She is scared all the time. She has lost her hope forever until she meets Blaine. 

Blaine is a kind of guy every girl dreams of dating. To make it easier to understand, he is a prince from the fairytale stories. If I have to explain him in three words, it would be- a dream boy.

'''I believed him. Within my fractured, tattered soul, I knew it was ok to fall for Blaine. He would catch me, he always had. So I looked into those deep, chocolate eyes and surrendered the fear I carried around with me like a coat of armor, protecting the secrets that had been festering inside. I was afraid to love Blaine--dreadfully so. But I knew, undoubtedly, that he was the only one worth the risk.'''

Here, this book made me wonder again, where do guys like him exist? where? which part of the world? which country? which city? which street? where, where, where? :O. Yes, I am talking about a guy who a girl can blindly trust and no matter what, she feels that her man is on her side, always to catch her whenever she falls.

Anyway, forget about it. As much as I wonder about those questions, I don't want to know. Now, let's talk about how I found the book. The beginning was quite slow and repetitive but as the pages are turned, it starts getting interesting. The ending is what I wanted it to be. So, certainly makes up for all the criticisms it could have. Definitely, 254 stars for this heart touching story (and what is 254 stars??? You will know it if you read the book :)). 

No comments:

Post a Comment